Technical Support for
Online Defensive Driving
This page is a new addition to our Website and its content is still under-construction.
If you're having any technical issues with the ComedyGuys.com Defensive Driving online course, please call us at 877-826-6339.
Update Your Browser
In many cases, an updated browser can help with your internet experience. Click on any of the following links to download the most recent version.
Update your Video Player
The video files in our online course are in WMV format.
This means that the many machines that won’t play Flash movies files can still play our videos. WMV is Windows Media Video, and its video files should play on all Windows-based machines. If your Windows Media Player is up-to-date, you should have no problems.
If you’re taking our online course on a Mac device, you may need to install Flip4Mac, a WMV-player extention for Quicktime. It can be downloaded for free and installed on your Mac device, making it possible for you to play WMV files.
For customers unfamiliar with the download and install process, follow these quick and easy steps. Click any image to enlarge it, if you wish.
1. Find the download at telestream.net by clicking here.
Download the free version or upgrade to one of the paid versions if you want.
For our online course, the free version will work just fine.
If you need to find out what operating system your Mac is using, click on the Apple symbol in the upper right corner of your screen, and then choose About this Mac from the drop-down menu.
|3. Click the download button to check the status of your download.|
4. When the download is done, find Flip4Mac on the list of downloaded files. (Click the download icon in the upper righthand corner of the browser window to get this list.Double-click Flip4Mac on the list of downloaded files to open the installer.
When the small window appears asking you to choose between Silverlight and WMV, double-click the WMV option to start the installation.
5. The window that appears Install Flip4Mac WMV Installer has on the left a list of the various steps it will go through to install the program: Introduction, Read Me, Agree to Terms, etc.
For each one of these, you'll be asked to click Continue to continue on to the next step.
But don't worry: the installation process will go quickly.
|6. The last step of the installation will ask you to enter you Mac user ID and password.|
7. Once the installation is complete, the box will give you a chance to upgrade to the Pro version of the Flip4Mac player, but this isn't necessary. ComedyGuys video files are very basic and the free version of Flip4Mac will play them just fine.
If you don't want to upgrade to the paid version, just click Continue.
Next, the installer will ask you if you want to learn more about using the additional features of Flip4Mac. You won't need these feature for our online course, so you can click No Thanks to go on.
8. Now the installation is done, and your Mac will be able to play the WWV files in our online course.
IMPORTANT: You must quit the Safari program and then relaunch it so that Safari can add the new Flip4Mac plugin. If you correctly install Flip4Mac but do not close and restart your browser, the videos still will not play.
With your browser open again, go to comedyguys.com and log in to our online course.
Trouble with your ID Questions
The state of Texas requires that we prove it is actually you taking the online course. We do this by asking identification questions (ID questions) based on your driver's license and your license plate information that you provided when your registered.
If your answers are marked incorrect and you don't think they should be, please call customer support at 877 826 6339 (select 3 from the menu for online customer service).
There are a few circumstances that may cause this to occur:
- out-of-state license (welcome to Texas!)
- out-of-state license plate
- recently issued driver's license
- recently issued license plate
- typographical error when you registered (yes, it happens and it is no big deal…). Call us and we can fix it.
If for some reason we can't prove it's actually you taking the course, don't worry. We can have you print our ID Affidavit, and have it notarized with your signature, and fax it to 214-446-6222. This is just a 'legal' way of proving it is you taking the course.