Sure, we at Comedy Guys Defensive Driving work hard to make the classes as fun as we can, but most people are really just interested in getting their defensive driving certificate, the written proof that they completed defensive driving that they can show to the court to get their ticket dismissed.
Once you complete a Comedy Guys Defensive Driving course — whether online or in person — we’ll print your certificate in our office in Dallas and mail it to the address that you give us. Normally, certificates are printed and mailed within two business days of your completing the class.
Now, you can get more information about all of this on our Frequently Asked Questions page, but here’s the important part, just to make it easier to find:
If you’re taking defensive driving to dismiss a ticket, you don’t get your certificate the day of the class and state regulations do not allow us to hand your certificate directly to you. You have to wait at least one day to receive it, and it has to pass through the hands of some third-party company between us and you. Most of the time, that means the US Postal Service, but if you’re in a hurry you can get your certificate more quickly by arranging for overnight mail or even courier service.
When the envelope arrives, it will contain two copies of your certificate, one marked “Court Copy” which the court will want and one marked “Insurance Copy” which you can use to get a discount on your auto insurance costs. Ask your insurance company for the details of any discount it offers.
A few more things we should mention:
- We cannot send your defensive driving certificate directly to the court. The certificate must be signed by you before the court gets it.
- If your certificate has not arrived within 10 days of your class, contact our office. If all the information on it was correct, we can print a second copy for you for no charge and mail it that day. If the address was incorrect, we must charge a $10 fee for making changes and printing a new certificate.
- There’s no way you can print your own certificate, even if you took our defensive driving class online. State regulations require that course providers (in this case, us) must print out official certificates and send them through some third-party carrier, such as the US Postal Service or an overnight mail service.
- Many Texas courts now require that people having tickets dismissed also provide the court with official copies of a Texas Driver’s Record. Comedy Guys and other defensive driving schools are no longer able to get these driving records for you, but you can now request your driving record online and print it out immediately.
How Defensive Driving Works
Getting a ticket dismissed by taking a defensive driving course is pretty simple.
- First, contact the court and get their approval to have the ticket dismissed.
- Then contact Comedy Guys Defensive Driving and schedule a live class or register for our online class.
- After your class is done – and this applies to both live and online classes – we will print your certificate of completion and mail it to you.
- Once you receive it, sign and deliver the certificate to the court before their deadline.
Entering Your Own Information
|Entering your own
can get your certificate
to you a full day faster.
Like most things nowadays, it’s the human element that slows things down. Computers move information around much more quickly than people can, and having a human enter the certificate information for the hundreds of certificates that Comedy Guys Defensive Driving prints every week is often the slowest part of the process. We’re as efficient as we can be, of course, and all certificates are usually in the mail within two business days after every class.
Online customers give us their certificate information when they register, so their certificates are processes largely automatically.
But now there’s a way that student in our live classes can streamline that process and save themselves one full day. Just open this easy form and input your own certificate information. Hundreds of people putting in one certificate each is much faster than one person entering hundreds of certificates.
This way, instead of the information being added to our certificate database on the next business day, it will already be there when the Comedy Guys office opens. All we’ll need to do is a quick verification of the information and then get your certificate into the mail. This can sometimes save you one full day of time before the court’s deadline, possibly also saving you some money by making overnight mail unnecessary.
One caution: enter the information exactly from the form you filled out during the Comedy Guys class. If a replacement certificate ever has to be printed because of incorrect or incomplete information, we are required to charge a $10 replacement fee.
Defensive Driving Certificate Delivery Options
|Regular Mail||None. It’s covered
in the cost of the class.
|Delivered by USPS in 7 to 10 days.|
|$25||The next weekday after it’s printed, which usually
means two business days after finishing the class.
|Overnight AM Delivery
|$35||The next weekday after it’s printed before 11am|
|Overnight Early AM Delivery
|$45||The next weekday after it’s printed before 9am|
|Starts at $50.
Rates vary based on distance and mileage.
|With this option, certificates printed on Fridays are delivered on Saturday morning. Otherwise, all certificates printed on Friday will be delivered on the following Monday.|
|Starts at $60.
Rates vary based on distance and mileage.
|The same day it’s printed, which is usually the next business day after finishing the class.|
|TWO IMPORTANT POINTS:
If you’re taking a live class with Comedy Guys Defensive Driving, you can arrange for overnight mail or courier service by letting the instructor know what you need. All instructors should discuss this your delivery options during the course of the class.
If you’re taking our online defensive driving class, you’ll be able to opt for any of these deliver choices both when you first register and at the completion of the course.
If you need to change your deliver method after the class is completed, please contact our office to see what options are still available to you.