Jackie Mason is a classic comedian, delivering lines since 1955.
He is infamously known for giving Ed Sullivan the middle finger on live television. He claims it was a misunderstanding and a mistake.
No, a mistake was being in Caddyshack II.
We can forgive him because we love his guest voice work on The Simpsons as Krusty’s father, the Rabbi Hyman Krustofski, a role he won an Emmy Award for. In real life, Jackie Mason — born Yacov Moshe Maza – was an ordained rabbi. He resigned his synagogue to become a comedian, saying “Somebody in the family had to make a living.”
Here are a few classic lines from Jackie Mason:
- Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.
- If an Englishman gets run down by a truck, he apologizes to the truck.
- It is more profitable for your Congressman to support the tobacco industry than your life
- I have enough money to last me the rest of my life — unless I buy something.
- It’s no longer a question of staying healthy. It’s a question of finding a sickness you like.
- Did you ever hear of a kid playing accountant? Even if they wanted to be one?
Jackie still tours with his one-man show doing many private dates. To see him live, he tends to be either in Las Vegas, the Eastern seaboard, or Florida.